We are actively recruiting for a Customer Service Representative to join a dynamic team at General Films Inc. in Covington OH. We are a family-owned and operated business that has been around for over 70 years. Come be a part of a well-established and respected organization.
This position is a primary point of contact for new and existing customers. You are responsible for maintaining close customer contact from receipt of order through shipment and follow up on change orders, scheduling, and production to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of goods promised.
In addition to working closely with customers, the CSR will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and will interact on a continual basis with production, scheduling, and warehousing in an effort to track customer orders and to communicate effectively with customers about their orders ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Achieve and/or maintain strong relationships with all customers through communication, performance, and reliability. This includes but not limited to inbound inquires and outbound requests to Customers and or prospects.
· Answer inquiries regarding quotations, list pricing, availability, and production schedules for any General Films customers within 24 hours. Coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure excellent customer service.
· Assist and support NAM and field sellers in negotiating customer’s competitive pricing requests.
· Always maintain accurate customer records and pricing information on quote history
· Address customer disputes within 24 hours through investigation and obtaining defective samples of the item or product in question.
· Ensure sample, new and recurring order shipment dates are accurate and adhered to as committed to customer
· Submit the sample and lab request forms to the VP of Sales and ensure all information is pertinent and accurate
· Ensure that all pricing quotes greater than 10,000 pounds are reviewed with the VP of Sales prior to submitting quotes to customer or prospect
Requirements and Skills:
· Able to address both internal and external customer issues in a timely manner.
· Detail-oriented individual possessing excellent follow-up, organizational, and time management skills
· Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
· Able to work independently with limited supervision in order to complete all assigned tasks
· Able to effectively analyze and interpret sales and production reports
· Able to provide pertinent information on product offerings
· Service oriented and possess a high level of integrity and quality output
· Strong computer literate with proficiency in MS Word & Excel
· Able to calculate amounts such as commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year institution or technical school and 3-5 years of related CSR experience in a manufacturing environment and or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and co-workers, write reports and business correspondence.
Must have the ability to calculate amounts such as commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume and be able to apply concepts of basic mathematics. Must be able to use micrometer and tape measurer.
This associate must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and be able to make decisions in accordance with established procedures and policies. Also, the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Strong computer literacy with proficiency utilizing software products such as MS Word, Excel, Internet browsers, Email applications, and working within databases.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The associate is often required to stand, walk and climb/descend steps and is occasionally required to lift and/or manipulate up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety glasses are required when walking in the extrusion area.
50% Direct contact with customers
20% Creating quotations and indirect contact with customers
10% Processing orders or samples
10% Coordinating internally with other departments
10% Researching customer dispute
Location/Region: West Central Ohio