At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Consultant within PNC Business Analytics Group, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Cleveland, Ohio
The position will be primarily responsible for CCAR/DFAST regulatory production process including:
• Independent execution of processes and associated controls in a time efficient manner to ensure operational effectiveness.
• Review and documentation of key processes, risks, and controls that impact PNC Bank’s regulatory process.
• Preparation of submission materials.
• Effective communication of the different steps throughout the production process and work with all levels of management to ensure all regulatory deadlines are met.
• Partnership with Technology and Modeling teams assuring production readiness and effective processes execution.
• In off production cycles, partnership with Development Team on various process enhancements.
Successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
• Motivation and agility
• Undivided attention to detail
• Root cause analysis skills
• Change management skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Aptitude to work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft suite (especially proficiency in Access, Excel and PowerPoint)
• SAS and/or SQLJob Profile
- Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and applications for a business function or business unit.
- Recommending appropriate performance measures to be produced including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
- Analyzing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
- Providing business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings from, data processing, and data analysis.
- Consulting on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools and data marts.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH