As a(n) Compliance Program Manager Sr
within PNC's Risk Management
organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Columbus, OH.
This role manages and provides advisory support for retail deposits compliance
functions for Independent Risk Management and supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of a regulatory compliance program through compliance activities for lines of business, banking centers, and operations departments. The Compliance Program Manager Sr will lead compliance monitoring reviews with a defined scope and objective designed to assess specific products, processes, control or regulations focused on identified or emerging regulatory compliance risks.
The Compliance Program Manager reviews independent compliance testing and business line testing results to assist with/perform analysis against regulatory requirements and company policies. The Compliance Program Manager Sr advises on establishing requirements for enterprise-wide compliance training programs and reviews and approves compliance-related training. This job also supports PNC’s Deputy Chief Compliance Officer in ensuring the Bank's compliance with all applicable Federal consumer protection laws and regulations. Job Profile
- Establishes and enhances effective business unit compliance programs and designs policies to prevent or identify illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Trains junior staff and identifies issues. Constructively challenges conclusions/status quo and credibly influences customers.
- Ensures that Compliance Manuals, Front Office Manuals, policies and procedures accurately reflect current laws, rules, other regulatory requirements and management intent. Manages regulatory examinations and inquiries, including the coordination of interviews and information requests from regulatory agencies. Independently challenges analyses, reviews and recommendations.
- Identifies and defines the Compliance program objectives for assigned line(s) of business, products/services and applicable regulations. Communicates and socializes those objectives (from a leadership position) to the business. Oversees preparation of compliance reports. May serve as a resource regarding compliance impact on such matters as marketing materials and sales programs, product development, document review and other business initiatives.
- Executes Compliance monitoring program and reviews compliance reports. Identifies issues, escalates through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Reviews and reports on assessments of compliance risk and internal controls, as appropriate. Monitors regulatory developments, advises business management of proposed rule changes and provide recommendations.
- Identifies and develops key business initiatives. May include developing and/or conducting Compliance training programs for specific employees. May serve as a resource regarding compliance impact on such matters as marketing materials and sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives. Work cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
Problem Solving - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Fraud Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.
Internal Controls - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Columbus, OH