At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a LOB (Line of Business) Risk Specialist Sr.
within PNC's 1st Line of Defense Technology Risk Organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or other areas within PNC's footprint.
This role's primary focus is testing the operating and design effectiveness of technology controls through gathering and analyzing evidence,documenting test conclusions and identifying issues in the event of control failures. This testing is performed in collaboration with Technology process owners across the PNC Technology organization.
This role will involve independently performing control tests as well as reviewing control testing work performed by peers for consistency and quality. This role will also be expected to identify and execute continuous process improvement opportunities in testing procedures. Job Profile
- Executes the LOB Risk Management program, identifying opportunities for enhancement where applicable. Enables line of business adherence with risk programs.
- Participates in the design and development of the risk management program to meet business and regulatory expectations. Leads in the design and development of specific risk management program components.
- Executes the risk management programs within or across the lines of business (e.g. - business self-assessment and quality reviews). May lead cross functional teams.
- Provides risk expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners (e.g., Compliance, Credit, Legal, Audit).
- Leads or influences risk initiatives and business as usual activities. Identifies risk, assesses impact and makes recommendations on resolution. Reports and escalates risk and program compliance as appropriate.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Industry Knowledge - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Process Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Standard Operating Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Internal Controls - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Columbus, OH