DescriptionThe Vice President, Public Relations plans, manages and implements the comprehensive communications and public relations strategy for UHHS. The communications function includes: media relations, crisis communications, special events, multi-media, conferencing, and reputation management.
This position is responsible for:
1. The planning, growth and operational management of the Public Relations Department.
2. The planning, implementation and evaluation of strategic communication plans for UHHS.
3. Seeking ways to grow revenue and achieve expense reduction.
4. Effective management of capital and human resources for all the services.
5. Support of ongoing research through marketing and communications.
6. Taking a leadership role in developing and implementing System-wide policies in each of these areas
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
A minimum of 7 to 10 years hands-on experience in public relations with a successful record of communicating complex issues to a variety of audiences required.
* Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of constituents and demonstrated ability to lead and manage through influence.
* Demonstrated customer service skills and people leadership skills.
* Demonstrated management skills inclusive of goal setting and continuous quality improvement processes.
* Additional skill sets that would be beneficial but not required include: In-depth knowledge of healthcare trends, financing, provision of care and health care delivery systems; and demonstrated leadership skills in a large, complex, tertiary healthcare organization, preferably one that is academically oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)