At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Business Analytics Consultant with the mindset of a Data Scientist within PNC's Corporate and Institutional Banking (C&IB) organization, you will be able to take a deep dive into the vast amount of structured and unstructured data we create every day, and generate actionable insights to assist executive management in their strategic decision making.
You will be joining the Data Analytics and Solutions team, to work on various Big Data & Data Science initiatives. Your activities will include designing, prototyping, testing and implementing a wide range of analytical solutions, from ad-hoc analysis to advanced predictive models and automated decisioning tools using Machine Learning techniques. You will interact closely with the different C&IB business leaders, to understand their analytical needs, and deliver strategic solutions on their behalf. You will also collaborate with Technology partners and the Enterprise Data Management team to ensure timely delivery.
Do you identify yourself as a data geek? Do you want to make a significant impact on a growing organization? Join us! Your next challenge is here.Job Profile
- Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and useful applications across multiple functions or business units.
- Consulting to clients on tool and strategy implementation and monitoring, statistical scoring, business intelligence, data quality, and analytical product / solution development.
- Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting development, implementation and enhancements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing dashboard reporting for operations and executive management to enable data driven decision making.
- Analyzing results for multiple functions and communicating conclusions from complex models to a wide range of audiences.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Emerging Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Strong technical skills in data analysis, statistics, data warehousing and automation
•Strong programming skills (SQL/Python/R/Scala)
•Practical experience with data science techniques and machine learning algorithms
•Practical experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Impala/Hive/Hbase, etc.). Spark and streaming experience is a plus
•Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, Jupyter, etc.)
•Excellent written and oral communication skills
•Knowledge of banking industryRequired Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH