Cassano’s is searching for General Manager candidates!
As a General Manager you would be responsible for the operation of a Cassano’s restaurant. A General Manager recruit will be trained in a professional environment with a certified Trainer.
Upon recruitment, a General Manager will be offered medical, dental and vision insurance at a shared cost, free/discounted meals, paid sick and personal leave after accrual and a uniform shirt allowance. After a full year of employment, you will receive two weeks paid vacation and a 401k plan with match.
Candidates should have previous restaurant management experience. You will need to pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and motorist insurance.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
A Unit Manager primarily plans, organizes, directs, controls, staffs, supervises and ensures quality operational flow and customer service in an assigned unit.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and be cleared to the current insurance and MVR guidelines in order to deliver in an emergency.
- Must have at least 6 months cash handling, food handling, customer service, and general supervision/management experience.
- Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have knowledge of basic math and computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of the English language, including the meaning of words and grammar.
- Must have knowledge of management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must have knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, and leading.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, store production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing store profitability and Customer service.
- Must have a working phone.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Ability to partake in various forms of training, including the Cassano’s Management Training Program.
- Ability to pass required tests.
- Ability to read and understand rules and instructions.
- Ability to reach, see, taik, heart, stand, and walk duickly for a minimum of 10 hours a day.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds at various times.
- Requires a minimum of a 50-hour work week. Assistant Managers are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week for normal scheduling, and a minimum of 50 hours per week when coverage for a Manager’s vacation or sick time.
- Job may require a lot of standing or walking. Must be able to work extra long shifts, also, must be able to stand at a table height of 34-45″ for up to 6 hours.
- Ability to problem-solve, plan, motivate, and take initiative.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Conducts On-The-Job Training for personnel in food preparation, service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires qualified Candidates.
- Discharges, transfers, or promotes employees according to Company standards.
- Manages, assesses and records store finances and profitability.
- Oversees work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards.
- Directs and coordinates activities and meetings for store employees.
- Conducts inventory on supplies and purchases products and materials as needed to ensure quality, timely delivery of Services.
- Receives, rotates, stocks and stores supplies as needed.
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures in order to ensure quality standards and service.
- Maintains employee files and work records.
- Modifies work procedures or processes to meet deadlines while offering quality products and customer service.
- Schedules all employee work hours.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient Service and Conformance to standards.
- Collects payment from customers and calculates monetary exchange.
- Investigates customer complaints.
- Resolves customer or public Complaints.
- Prepares, directs and Coordinates food or beverage preparation.
- Provides and portrays proper and professional customer service.
- Resolves or assists workers to resolve work problems.
- Supervises and checks the assembly of food products.
- Answers customer questions and concerns regarding Company products and Services.
- Develops and administers store objectives and strategies.
- Listens to oral instructions from the District Manager to determine work assignment.
- Performs all opening and closing procedures and responsibilities directed by the District Manger.
- Performs all store banking procedures, which includes opening and closing audits, cash register procedures, and bank deposits.
- Performs all administrative duties, which includes completing Prep and Dough Proofing Sheets.
- Demonstrates professionalism, proper customer service, proper food preparation techniques, and proper sales techniques.
- Arrives promptly to work each scheduled day. Communicates any personal Schedule changes with the District Manager.
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- Disciplines Crew Members, Drivers, Shift Managers, and Assistant Managers after any violation of Company policies and procedures.
- Directly responsible for food cost control, miscellaneous cost control, labor cost control, and cash control. Assistant Managers and MIT’s are directly responsible for these costs during a Manager’s absence for vacation or sick time.
- Performs all Crew Member, Shift Manager and Driver essential functions when needed.
- Learns and performs other positions as needed.
- Uses professional and proper oral and written communication techniques.
- Uses knowledge of food handling rules.
- Understands and applies Company along with government food service regulations and minor labor law guidelines.
- Must be available and accessible at all times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Cassano's is a family-owned company, proudly serving the greater Dayton area for 65 years!