First American Title Insurance Company’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
- Builds client relationships, secures new orders from new customers, and maintains and expands business with existing client base
- Communicates proactively with and responds in a timely manner to clients
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Develops and executes a call plan for the area assigned to include calls on and appointments with qualified real estate agents, brokers and their staff, lenders and attorneys
- Assesses individual client needs and develops, presents and implements a plan to meet those needs
- Is highly visible in his/her marketing area by attending real estate industry functions and participating in community and real estate
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Effectively creates or adapts and delivers group and individual presentations to customer groups, target customers, cooperating agents and others
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Has some latitude for un- reviewed action or decision
- Assigned client group(s) at this level are large and somewhat complex
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works independently setting own priorities and objectives with supervisory consultation. Work reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
- No responsibility for supervision of others
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to listen to customers and understand their needs and objectives to better respond and provide solutions
- Applies diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrates persistence, tenacity and consistency in pursuing revenues opportunities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt strategy to changing conditions
- Understanding of market and competition with the ability to identify external threats and opportunities
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 5 years of successful residential Title/Real estate industry experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Columbus, OH