First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
First American Title is looking for a solution-oriented person who can take their leadership and sales skills and bring them to Fortune 100's Top Places to Work for in 2016! We look for People First. As an Area Sales Manager in the Columbus office, this person will be responsible for the revenue generation, and market share growth within the State of Ohio along with managing activities of the sales force to attain maximum sales results.Essential Functions:
• Supervises team of up to 20 outside Sales representatives as assigned, including coaching, development, performance management and sales skills by facilitating access to resources, participating in sales campaigns, and defining appropriate sales strategy.
• Able to thoroughly demonstrate company products and resources; to distinguish benefits between First American Title products and those of our competitors
• Focus on increasing revenue, and market share, through directing and motivating staff, and discovering and entering new markets.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with Company policies, and regulatory mandates applicable to State Department of Insurance laws/regulations
• Maintain sales staff through effective and efficient recruiting and motivational strategies
• Ensures staff meets/exceeds established company/area/branch goals
• Performs day to day "people management" responsibilities; including performance management, employee relations, training and disciplinary action as necessary. Takes a "hands on" approach to provide mentoring, training and coaching to ensure sales goals are achieved
• Responsible for collecting and reporting proper commission/production/sales records
• Responsible for driving total performance to meet team/Area/Company goals
• Responsible for creating incentives that drive total performance while maintaining a budget
• Evaluate and strengthen plans around attrition and employee retention
• Train staff on company procedures and policies.
• Provide directions to staff according to established policies and management guidance. Administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to staff.
• Communicate all goals and sales targets to staff in a clear and concise manner. Ensure that all sales associates understand goals.
• Monitor sales associates performance and overall effectiveness in their positions. Reviews regular results assessments of sales staff productivity and reports to management
• Does not have direct selling responsibility with a personal quota.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• 6+ years sales experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must have a valid Driver's license and clear to drive.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Dublin, OH