PARK STEWARDSHIP INTERN
Starting Salary Range: $9.00/ hr.
Position Duration: 24 hrs./week - 18 weeks
Reports To: Stewardship Coordinator
Classification: Regular - Employee does not routinely have supervision responsibilities.
The position of Park Stewardship Intern directly involves but is not limited to the following illustrative duties:
- Assists the stewardship department with land management projects, stewardship programs, and special events. Must be able to work well with groups of all ages and abilities.
- Assists with the collection, cleaning, propagation, and planting of native seed species.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment, including but not limited to the following; power tools such as saws, drills, and weed eaters.
- Assists park visitors and volunteers when needed. Must be courteous and helpful at all times.
- Works flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary. Must be able to meet the position duration listed above.
- Must be able to routinely lift 80 pounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Stewardship Coordinator that are deemed appropriate and necessary for the position.
Preferred qualifications include a high school diploma or G.E.D. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Enrolled in a college program, such as biology environmental science, urban agriculture, or related field.
-Prior knowledge of ecosystems and plant species is helpful, but not required.
Location/Region: Bowling Green, OH (US - 43402)