We are seeking highly motivated sales professional to join our growing team!
The Crescent News is a fun, supportive, value-driven media group. We are a team of driven individuals who push ourselves & those around us to develop personally & professionally. The Advertising Executive carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
Meet or exceed sales objectives by promoting strong customer service and selling multi-media advertising through professional selling techniques, product service, and maintaining a relationship with both short and long term customers spending 85% of their time on outside sales. The successful candidate must be a flexible, self-starter, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to provide direction, and able to multi-task.
This position will work with different personality types and across a number of publications. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values
• Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Support and achieve individual, and company goals
• Acquire, retain, and up-sell new and existing client base
• Make collection calls
• Attends departmental meetings and company meetings as scheduled
• Maintain daily sales call log submitted to Advertising Manager daily
• Corresponding through email, telephone, and meeting with clients
• Expected to utilize various Social Networking tools for company business
• Learn and sell online products as they are introduced to the company
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of sales experience preferably in the print and multi-media industry. Reliable transportation required. Must maintain a current valid driver’s license and current proof of vehicle liability insurance.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
The fringe benefits include Medical (split between employer and employee), Dental and Vision options (employee paid). There are three (3) company-sponsored benefits to include Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a Term Life Insurance Policy. The company offers pay for these six (6) major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day). In addition, you accrue 3.33 hour per pay period in the first year of employment (80 hours) and increasing to 5.0 hours per pay period (120 hours) after one year of employment. The company has the option of making a discretionary match to the 401K Retirement Plan after year’s end.
To Apply, Send Resume To:
c/o Chris Van Scoder
P.O. Box 249 Defiance, OH 43512
or email resume to:
Location/Region: Defiance, OH (US - 43512)