Our Mentor, Ohio, Films facility has immediate openings for an experienced maintenance technician. Avery Dennison offers paid vacation, paid holidays, a 401k with a company match along with comprehensive health insurance.
As a Maintenance technician, you will be responsible for the repair and upkeep of the equipment and facility. Activities include both planned and predictive maintenance and break down repair. You will work on a 12-hour, rotating schedule days & nights.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Locating and diagnosing failures, replacing defective components and performing basic troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and / or written instructions.
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performing a wide variety of functions, such as: installation, maintenance and repair of equipment for generating, distributing and utilizing electrical energy. Using instruments to test circuits and replacing or installing new power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, inspecting circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding. Testing electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairing complex electrical equipment, including: motors, switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Working from schematics, drawings, layouts and other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
- Assisting engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting corrective action.
- Properly inspecting and maintaining shop equipment, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Preparing new machines and production equipment for operation.
- Following a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen exposure to downtime related to repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized shop and production floor.
- Consistently working in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers and manufacturing systems.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assisting other areas, as required.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and searching out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework and unnecessary work that doesn't add value to the process.
- Assisting and supporting other team members in meeting department and site goals.
- Contributing and participating in team decision making. Providing support in project work and other special requests.
- Providing support to the production team to produce superior quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top working order.
- Painting structures, performing masonry work and repairing plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repairing, assisting in repairing and overseeing contracted personnel on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Performing or supervising janitorial services and grounds maintenance, such as: landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant manufacturing work experience.
- 3 - 5 years previous experience required.
- Certifications in specialty area required, as applicable (or acquire within specified timing any licensures necessary to perform the job).
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills and aptitude and logical problem solving skills necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ablility to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly participative work system.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner necessary.
- Must be motivated toward productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reasonable accommodations.
Location/Region: Thompson, OH