The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
Shift Engineer (shaft and tunnels)
In coordination with Engineering and project management, review project designs for conformance to applicable laws, regulations, codes, best engineering practices, safety requirements, constructability, and operational considerations. Review and recommend approval of in field design changes.
Including but not limited to:
- Gather and record project quantities in quantity book
- Input quantities into JDEdwards
- Ensure those in the field have the most current information
- Update project diary on daily basis
- Maintain erosion/environmental permit compliance paperwork
- Manage utility locates and maintain compliance paperwork
- Perform quantity takeoffs
- Coordinate procurement and delivery of materials and onsite storage
- Gather QA/QC material certifications for submittal
- 4 years’ experience in Tunneling
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- JDEdwards experience is strongly preferred
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN